* Business Analysis: Uses deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provides insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
o Assists with the creation of financial models, research and analyses of trends, leading indicators and business statistics
o Utilizes data infrastructure by extracting, aggregating, and dissecting financial data and performance metrics
* Business Partnering: Partners with Key Stakeholders and Business Partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution.
o Constructively communicates compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtains necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
o Builds working relationships with management and other partners in support of key priorities and objectives through analytics
* Strategic Planning and Initiatives: Supports Finance leadership in assisting management to develop strategies and initiatives to drive growth and margin improvements. Executes on strategic initiatives such as M&A support, product launches, market entry, and process improvement efforts
o Scans research and data sources identifying and recommending best resources to mine information on business initiative requests
o Maintains an awareness of general business and financial conditions
* Operating Planning and Forecasting: Supports Finance leaders in creating an annual events operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and performs forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions
o Assists with business analysis for the operating planning and forecasting as directed
* Financial Operational Policy: Establishes and maintains consistent financial operational policies and procedures to govern related practices
* Management Reporting and Financial Close Activities: Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports. Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners.
o Complies with all financial operational policies and procedures such as Loss Reporting/Technical Lost Business; recommends modifications as needed
o Leverages recurring and ad hoc management reporting to identify trends, support business cases and understand opportunities and risks
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.