The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting various Finance related strategic and operational projects/initiatives for the Special Projects Team. A major focus of this position will be to support and analyze the initiatives that drive real-time reporting of data, automation of manual processes, increased staff productivity, financial tool templates and models that can be used with any new product launch, analyze the tracking tools to assess our team's SLA performance, as well as, assist in the support of development and deployment of key management metrics and systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Special Projects initiatives including reporting, financial tools and models, tracking tools, and other related projects.
- Assist in the creation of monthly financial and operating reports for revenue, operating expenses, headcount and capital for opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in creating financial models as needed to support new product or strategic growth.
- Support the Special Projects life cycle from project inception through release to operations with appropriate reporting of project milestones.
- Update project schedules to ensure the timely completion of application development projects.
- Document all major plan changes in scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Assist with creation, tracking, and analysis of key business metrics.
- Assist with the creation of management reporting as needed.
- Other ad hoc analysis and support as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred or minimum 6 years equivalent work related experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, or a similar function in a corporate environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge using MS Excel (including the creation of Macros, V-lookups, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL queries
- SQL Report Writing experience a plus