Overview of Company:
Impassioned by the goal of delivering high-performance products to both the professional athlete and the recreational cyclist, our client encompasses several powerhouse Cycling brands. Officially established in 2008, our client is recognized as one of the most significant global suppliers of bicycles and accessories. They are proud to present a truly unique and powerful portfolio of cycling brands to the market, continually striving to evolve through the very best products and service available today.
Where we Need Help:
The Finance team currently manages financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analytics for the North American business. The Financial Analyst role will have responsibilities across all these facets and report into the Finance Manager NA IBD.
The role will require collaborating closely with cross functional business leaders, through data collection and analysis, to provide clear and compelling recommendations that influence important decisions. Analytic rigor and attention to detail are a must, since you will be getting your hands dirty to help drive real results. It also helps to be curious and bold, unafraid to try new approaches when it comes to solving problems and even be comfortable sharing contrarian perspectives. And if you like bikes, that’s a bonus!
Manage Operating Expense Reporting and Analysis
- Budget and Forecast Operating Expenses with accuracy
- Ensure proper accounting of expenses
- Identify areas of opportunity to control costs and conduct the analysis to influence key stakeholders to drive efficiencies
- Become a subject matter expert in the systems including Host and SAP
Support Month Close process, including:
- Preparing all journal entries related to NA IBD
- Develop improvements to the process to eliminate manual re-classes and work closely with the business and Shared Services to drive efficiencies in month close
Build and Maintain ongoing reports in Host or Excel, including but not limited to:
- Sales Performance on Daily and Monthly Basis
- Customer Acquisition/Marketing ROI
- Operating Expenses/Controls
- Working Capital
Support Ad-Hoc Analysis and other Key Initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Product Pricing
- Sales Commission Modeling
- Headcount Planning
- Capital Investment decisions
Other projects as identifies by the Finance Manager