We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Work Location: Memphis, TN
Duration: 6 month contract with option to extend or hire
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Working under close supervision, conducts and documents simple to moderate standard financial analysis and ad hoc finance projects.
- Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control.
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc.
- Recommends actions that may be taken to improve financial results.
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Assists in preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
- Retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field.
- Some prior related work experience preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and finance management.
- Requires knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong work ethic and adaptable.
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.