Our client is a growing distribution company that is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. This is a newly created role due to growth! With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, and provides its’ employees with competitive benefits and equips them with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of GAAP financial statements, reporting financial results, and other reporting and analytical projects. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Financial Analyst will conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing.
- Monthly expense variance analysis.
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Direct preparation of studies, reports, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
- Assist with the coordination of annual physical inventory/cycle counting program.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Maintain fixed asset records, including depreciation schedules and enforcement of capitalization policy.
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practices.
- The Financial Analyst will perform other duties and special projects as assigned.