iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28. PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship. PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide. Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered. At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Financial Analyst (Controlling) - VIE Contract (W/M)
Financial Analyst, Controlling will provide controlling support within the Primary Care GBU (Global Business Units) OPEX (operating expenditures) perimeter in North America, including preparation of budgets and forecasts (Strategic Plan / Budget / Forecast 1 / Forecast 2 / Quarterly Landings), monthly closings (accruals, expense reviews, analytics), project approval and tracking, other financial planning & analysis activities on a timely basis and supporting local/global projects. Selected candidate will work closely with the leads of each function to drive results and help them control their forecasts / budgets.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities may reside around the following Functional Teams:
- Sales Force
- Market Access
- Innovative Solutions
- One Trade
- Closing the books and present monthly results to business partners on a timely basis, this includes:
- Booking journal entries and preparing account analysis
- Validation of accruals
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations providing a clear explanation of balance fluctuations
- Assisting with providing monthly commentary to explain variances between actual results and / or budget / forecasts, this includes:
- Consolidating monthly actuals data in central internal system tool (TM1) - From local SAP (Systems, Applications, Products) data, Magnitude, etc.
- Providing support for the monthly Performance reports and analysis - US OPEX reporting to assigned functions, which may include: marketing, sales force, market access, innovative solutions, one trade and medical teams
- Addressing any data, project, analytical needs from the respective Functional Teams on an ongoing basis in order to aid in quality and timely business decisions
- Identifying risks and opportunities that affect the achievement of these forecasts
- Tracking of headcount and related movements on a monthly basis and comparing to budgeted and forecasted vacancy rates, including trend analysis for key drivers of change
-Tracking of assumptions built into budget/forecasts
- Educating client groups on all aspects of financial policies and processes to ensure full compliance
- Ensuring compliance with pertinent Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) controls
- Approving project spend and ensuring projects are budgeted properly, challenging where necessary
- Assisting in preparation of Internal Spend Commitment Executive Summaries for all projects requiring Corporate approval
- Learning and document full end-to-end processes
- Assisting with global and local projects, including: clear understanding of proposed solution and impact to DCV ( Diabetes and Cardiovascular), challenging proposals where necessary and support execution
- Assisting with continuous improvement efforts
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Master Degree in Finance, Accounting or Operations
- Minimum 1 year of diversified financial controlling and/or accounting experience
- Strong working experience with Excel
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven experience working across multiple internal stakeholders is required
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactively challenging the status quo and investigating issues independently and as a team
- Effectively collaborating with other cross-functional teams
- The position will be required to manage a considerable amount of change as the new structure is built, new processes are defined, and the position evolves. A tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to accept change as part of overall process. A willingness to accept and address resistance to change and opinions of others.
- Fluent English
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or advanced degree is preferred
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.