Our client is a leading transportation company that is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. This position is newly created due to company growth! With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, flexible schedule, and great benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day financial support, reporting financial results, and other reporting and analytical projects. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• The Financial Analyst will conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
• Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
• Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
• Direct preparation of studies, reports, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
• Develop and present annual budgets, reforecasts and variance analysis comparatives from actual to budget/forecast.
• Work with VP of Finance to create and drive quarterly operational business reviews with the business to outline market trends, review financial results compared to budget/forecast, and key performance metrics.
• Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts.
• Partner with Controller of respective business segment to interpret actual results, changes in business and monthly/annual close process as needed.
• Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of internal and external auditors.
• The Financial Analyst will perform other duties and special projects as assigned.