The Analyst will analyze and provide detailed performance improvement data and financial reports. The general job purpose is to provide analytical, data mining, and reporting functions for Operational Finance and/or other departments. This includes partnering with various business operators and finance areas to analyze customer problems, and present appropriate data to influence decisions and drive financial results. The Analyst will recommend new and/or modified procedures and facilitate implementation based on supported data. Additional aspect of job includes ensuring department deadlines are met and company policies are adhered to as well as identifying process improvement.
- Financial and Decision Support systems - 50%
- Produces and distributes regular reports utilizing various systems, including but not limited to physician statistics, quality stats, practice financials, resource, utilization, patient referrals, comparative data, payor reports, market share and various ad hoc reports.
- Assists the physician group in the analysis of data available to Finance.
- Attains expert knowledge of the Financial and Decision Support systems, including all maintenance, data download routines, report writing/query procedures and knowledge of all data elements available.
- Educates and trains various levels of practice staff on the use of Financial and Decision Support information and tools.
- Applies mathematical analysis to determine the validity and reliability of statistical data.
- Statistical Reporting - 25%
- Prepares statistical reports submitted to Administration.
- Provides accurate and timely financial data analysis and reports to assist management in decision-making process.
- Budget - 25%
- Will assist in the development of individual practice budgets.
- Update budget templates for presentation to corporate.
- Produce budget reports for analysis.
- Reconcile and correct budget data.
- Assist with compiling and analysis of internal and external demographic data.
- Provide training and support to department directors and managers
The qualified candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- 5 or more years' related experience producing data, use of data mining, and data warehouses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills a must.
- Must have strong analytical and presentation skills
- Experience in Cerner, MedeAnalytics, Monarch and/or other mainframe database downloads preferred.
Minimum Education Required/Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university preferred