The Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) Program prepares ambitious self-starters to become Financial Advisors through intensive training and development. Our extensive curriculum provides you, state –of- the -art wealth management tools, techniques and resources needed to create strategies and build a client base of high-net worth individuals. When you launch your career as a Financial Advisor, you are prepared to apply your product knowledge and wealth management talents to deliver clients with individualized and comprehensive financial guidance.
Becoming a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley will allow you to:
Help Clients Achieve Their Goals - You can help clients achieve their financial goals and help them make a difference in their lives.
Make a Difference While Accomplishing Work-Life Balance - As a Financial Advisor you may have the opportunity to control your work schedule and the flexibility to achieve work-life balance as you manage your own business.
Play Your Part – Listen to your clients and work with them to develop portfolios reflective of what’s most important to them.
Build a Personally and Financially Rewarding Career – You have the potential to grow your business, assist your clients with their financial and investment needs and meet your personal financial goals.
To succeed, you’ll need the right combination of personal attributes:
- Drive: As a Financial Advisor, you are entirely responsible for generating your own income. To succeed, you’ll need to be organized, focused and highly disciplined.
- Ambition: You’ll work hard, struggle through slow periods and face tough challenges while building your business. You’re the kind of person who doesn’t give up — and knows you’ll get to where you want to be.
- Accountability: There are no shortcuts to succeeding in this business, and you’ll need to be demanding of yourself. You’ll treat your clients properly, with consistency and care. You’ll be diligent in your work and in disclosing details your clients need to know.
- Confidence: Assurance in yourself and your work conveys to your clients a feeling of confidence in their choices and financial future. Top Financial Advisors are comfortable talking with people. They can engage easily in conversation and confidently handle the challenges of running their own business.
A Training Process Geared Towards Your Success
Our rigorous training and development program fully prepares our FAAs to enter our elite Financial Advisor workforce. The FAA Program is highly selective, and we accept only the top candidates. The program is broken out into three phases:
Phase 1 FAAs are required to pass the pass the Securities Industry Essential ( SIE) Exam and obtain the Series 7 and 66 licensing exams, begin consultation meetings with their designated coaches appointed to them at the commencement of the program, complete assigned curriculum, and attend National Performance Training Sessions.
FAAs learn about wealth management topics and client conversations, participate in weekly coaching meetings, prospect for clients and open new account relationships.
In this final stage FAAs learn to manage and expand client relationships, gather referrals, target specific niche markets, complete the Financial Planning Specialist (FPS) program, and meet frequently with their Manager.
- Complete proprietary training in finance, wealth planning, investment strategies and product knowledge.
- Effectively source business prospects and employ client acquisition techniques.
- Consult with clients on wealth management strategies based on their financial and investment goals.
- Balance referral activities, customer follow-ups and administrative tasks.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements, including licensing and registrations.
- Meet pre-determined production goals as outlined in training program.