The Finance and Accounting Officer implements, monitors, and supervises Amerant Mortgage, LLC's accounting systems including the general ledger and mortgage loan servicing sub-systems, and all necessary internal controls, both over financial and operational reporting by ensuring:
- The quality and accuracy of financial information to be provided periodically to all stakeholders.
- All transactions are recorded completely and accurately in accordance with the Company’s accounting policies under generally accepted accounting principles in the US and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Design implement and monitor compliance with all necessary policies and procedures in alignment with Amerant’s corporate policies and procedures
- Device sound financial strategies for continued growth
- Design reporting tools and present information to support the company’s financial decision-making process
- Provide the Executive team with performance reports of the company and comparison versus budget
- Provide all necessary information to the parent entity for consolidation of financials and inclusion in the footnote disclosures
- Prepare budget and forecast for the Company. Provide required information to the parent’s FP&A department
- Provide supporting information for the tax provision and report.
- Provide required information to parent’s internal and external auditors to test performance of internal controls
- Supervise the reconciliation process of subservices for the outstanding portfolio
- Ensure adequate controls over financial reporting (ICFR) for compliances with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Certify controls on a quarterly basis via the Company’s SOX tool
5+ years experience working in accounting roles in public and private companies
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree Preferred
CPA designation highly desired
Verbal, written communication and presentation skills
Strong analytical skills
Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Proficiency using MS Office Product Suite including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint required
Previous experience using MS Outlook preferred