The Finance Process Improvement, Project Manager is responsible for directing, driving and managing process improvements across the North America, Corporate and Emerging Business finance organizations, particularly as it relates to employing technological solutions to current business problems. Assist senior finance business and function leaders in identifying improvement opportunities for their areas and help translate those opportunities into gainful projects. Support current and future SAP deployments serving as the finance subject matter expert. Liaise with the SAP technical team to resolve broken or insufficient existing SAP solutions. Contribute to and participate in quarterly SAP project prioritizations discussions with management.
Develop and/or direct initiatives that:
- Lead and support SAP implementation deployments and upgrades for the Finance team: requirements gathering, testing, training, cutover activities, hyper-care support, etc.
- Lead, advise and develop Finance team members on initiatives to improve processes (e.g. shorten closing cycle, improve accuracy of reported results, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Maintain Finance master data in SAP (chart of accounts, profit and cost centers).
- System Administrator for Blackline in addition to maintaining relationship with vendor and managing roll out.
- Maximize effectiveness of Finance Super User community while collaborating with functional owners & SAP technical team.
- Drive efforts to strengthen associate SAP application knowledge (e.g. training).
- Take part in cross-functional teams by collaborating across Finance with Process Excellence, IS, and other organizations.
- Maintain and/or implement SAP enhancements and fixes via gathering requirements, root cause analysis, and testing solutions.
- Reduce financial risk by utilizing SAP’s analytical and monitoring controls.
- Participate in global Finance internal / external SAP Best Practice forums.
- Leverage BW, BEX and Qlikview reporting capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to direct projects, make decisions and work independently with minimal direction
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and experience
- Understanding of VWR’s global systems (especially SAP), financial processes, and control objectives
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience with VWR systems and processes a plus
- Possesses attention to detail
- Ability to teach and transfer skills to team leaders, team members, and general audiences
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Possesses strong knowledge of systems and process mapping
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Information Technology, or related field required
- 6+ years of applicable experience in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years SAP experience preferred
- 1+ year of project leadership experience
- Project management or Six Sigma certification an asset
- SAP FI CO experience and proficiency required
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
- Some travel required.
Avantor® is a global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products, services and solutions to professionals in the life sciences and advanced technology industries. As our channel brand, VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimized for the way our customers do business. Operating from over 30 countries worldwide, the company seeks to enable customer success in the biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare, educational, industrial, government, aerospace & defense, and semiconductor industries. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Job Posting Date: 2018-07-24