This role located at the California High Speed Rail project office in Selma, CA will provide administrative direction and management in a timely and accurate manner to various business areas such as accounting, finance, controls and procurement.
• Must have complete knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures.
• Provides computer input and performs analytical review of reports generated.
• Proficient in computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required by management.
• Maintain all projects operating, payroll and money market accounts including deposits, disbursements and balancing.
• Support teams locally as well as in other projects, including team members located in Puerto Rico.
• Monitor daily cash balances in operating, payroll and money market bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings.
• Prepare monthly cash projection reports.
• Process and review all accounts payable and subcontractors payments.
• Accrue, prepare and remit appropriate sales taxes as necessary
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of master data including resource information; project, activity, and resource codes; enterprise project structure; security profiles; licensing information; etc.
• Participates in the development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments.
• Prepares monthly aged trial balances, job cost summary schedules, supporting schedules for month-end close.
• Performs year- end audit and 6-month review with external CPA firm.
• Interface with the Project Manager and Executive’s to accurately charge and code invoices to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
• Bonds, Builders Risk and Other Insurances – liaise with brokers to establish and maintain required policies
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance degree required
• Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of progressive finance and accounting experience
• Construction experience
• Experience with domestic corporate taxes
• Experience with ERP systems, preferably Computer Guidance/eCMS
• Broad knowledge of GAAP and related internal control structures for financial accounting and reporting systems and processes
• Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects
• Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team
• Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER