2022 is the year to make a difference! Our client is a well-respected Michiana Non-Profit who is looking for a Finance Manager for their team.
This position will play an integral part in the financial matters of the organization and has future growth potential, also has an amazing retirement plan!
Some of the key functions of this role are:
- Support projects' funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents.
- Ensure complete documentation of funding awards.
- Work with project directors to comply with funder's terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-out.
- Support budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation. Adjust vacation accruals as needed.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others. Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion.
- Analyze and monitor projects' fund and cash balances and keep project and TSNE team informed of status, issues.
- Work with staff accountants to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits and billings.
Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree in business, nonprofit financial management or accounting preferred; five or more years of experience managing grants and nonprofit finances required.
- Sophisticated nonprofit fund and federal grant accounting and management strongly preferred;
- Budgeting experience required;
- Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of service to multiple customers, ideally in a nonprofit context, required;
- Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheets and data management systems required;
- Experience working as part of a team delivering coordinated services highly desirable;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations
#cfsdec2021 #nonprofit #financemanager #recruitment