Finance Lending Dealer
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in banking, finance or equivalent
- Good verbal/written communication skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently
1. Assist Indirect dealers with loan origination process, specifically application and supporting loan documentation through input into internal systems.
2. Be able to provide written and/or verbal communication with dealer client personnel and other third parties such as insurance agents and outsourced F&I operations.
3. Review loan package documentation (original and/or fax funding copies) for loan amounts under $50,000.00 for indirect deals prior to funding into Origenate system.
4. Contact appropriate dealership personnel regarding missing, incomplete or erroneous documentation.
5. Build and maintain relationships with dealerships in order to facilitate open lines of communication.
6. Ensure proper lien perfection for all Marine and RV products, including state requirements for titles and/or UCC's and knowledge of First Preferred Ship Mortgages.
7. Fund loans in the Origenate system and upload of loans to mainframe system, Shaw. Verify the loan info in Shaw is correct the following day after uploading. Fund loan proceeds and daily reserves transactions via ACH or cashier's check.
8. Monitor weekly InsurTrak reports from State National regarding insurance status on loans over $350,000.00.
9. Monitor Fax Funding contracts. Initiate reversal of ACH/collect proceeds from dealer if original documentation not received after 5 days.
10. Ensure documentation quality via follow up and clearing of exceptions, maintaining the lowest possible percentage of exceptions (e.g. BP21, NP05, NP16, UC04).
11. Assist Loan Officers in general portfolio management, including specific loan maintenance, retail client service activities, focusing on the primary areas of loan quality, and client service satisfaction.
12. Assist dealer relationship managers by maintaining up-to-date information in assigned dealer files, including contact and/or funding information, timely filing of related documentation and other documentation required for the dealer review process.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.