The Agilent FP&A team supports the financial planning and analysis activities for the company in partnership with the Agilent business groups, sales, supply chain and corporate.
As a member of the Enterprise Financial Planning and Reporting Team reporting to the FP&A Manager, this position provides a unique opportunity to proactively engage in providing financial support for various part of complex sales/ marketing organization and common expense budgets, interface with senior leadership, and build relationships across functions. Through collaboration, communication, and leadership this position will contribute to meaningful decision support and analysis supporting sales/ marketing and Business Unit management, Corporate and local Finance teams, and others on relevant topics.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the Month-End, Quarter-End, and Year-End close activities for the centralized sales/ marketing organization related budgets in different groups (CXMO LSSM/ DGG segment marketing/ common group expenses),
- Support common understanding of financial data from multiple sources; this may involve starting with a fairly ambiguous problem, identifying trends and issues, synthesizing, and reporting the results in a consistent way;
- Responsible for tracking actuals for the budgeted expenses, performing variance analysis and reporting results, support monthly close activities through preforming relevant accruals and adjustments to the financial results;
- Responsible for allocation of expenses to the benefited organizations based on accountability models
- Supporting and reviewing Agilent official Organic/ Inorganic growth models and business operating bridges for the Agilent leadership;
- Responsible for Contingency Reporting for the Agilent businesses and owning the critical models for Agilent warranty and product return Reserves;
- Supporting aspects of the monthly Executive Summary of Financial Results (ESFR) package in partnership with the EFP&A lead, Board slides and Board Book;
- Responsible for business information for all Agilent level Govt. Surveys and R&D Tax Credit while working with other Agilent organizations;
- Active participation in Agilent business hierarchy related discussions and being the final approver for creating and ensuring accuracy of the hierarchy agreed to;
- Active participation and be responsible for Plan and historical restatements
- Role in financial Planning and Strategic planning exercises, including:
- Opex and headcount annual planning at the WW level,
- Ensuring consistency in the regional planning processes,
- Consolidating plans from various organizations and running the allocation models,
- Supporting financial restatements in plan for organization changes,
- Support the development of financial analytics to enable the organizations to successfully execute on their strategies and achieve goals through objective reporting that facilitates decision making.
- Engage in projects as needed relating to the advancement of finance and sales initiatives.
This role requires,
* Utilizing deep and thorough understanding of the overall planning, forecasting, and financial environment to support maintaining and enhancing business processes, systems, and methodologies to best support managing the business.
* Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of data quality, accuracy, and process consistency throughout planning and forecasting efforts.
* Knowledge and experience in the areas of responsibility; and cross-organizational interaction,
* Mastering the job duties and interface with senior management
* Working fairly independently; and proactively responding to customer needs
* Data analysis -- the ability to assess data sets and identify patterns and opportunities for improvement is the sales analyst's primary skill
* Financial forecasting -- effective projection and forecasting skills are vital in this role,
* Presentation skills -- need to present findings/ results, along with forecasts and projections, to executives and management personnel, so effective presentation skills are required
* Communication skills -- Both written and verbal communication to work with various functions and staff across teams business lines.