The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Finance Associate for our client located in the Cumberland, RI area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8:30 am - 5 pm
This position is responsible for the accurate reconciliation and analysis of company bank accounts as well as the posting of required bank charges and fees as needed, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconciles main bank accounts and balance sheet accounts (Target, Credit Card, and Collegiate Card receivables), accurately, timely and according to SOX and audit standards.
- Identifies/resolves root causes of reconciling items, collaborates with business lines to resolve issues and identifies/resolves gaps in processes.
- Analyzes and maintains analysis of cash accounts and bank charges including reconciliation to General Ledger and prepares associated entries and accruals.
- Recommends and implements new or revised cash account reconciliation procedures and coordinates change with the Bank Accounting Manager as well as respective departments (i.e. Treasury, Store Operations, Loss Prevention, etc.).
- Communicates trends and account discrepancy status to upper management within Finance and respective business lines.
- Ensures procedures are written and updated for all processes and assists in the development of reconciliation procedures for new accounts established by Treasury or as a result of bank mergers and acquisition
- Uploads all bank reconciliations and documentation required by audit
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by manager
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting
- Intermediate Microsoft knowledge, specifically ACCESS and EXCEL
- Problem solving skills; perform root-cause analysis
- Financial institution experience
- Customer Service skills
- 1 - 2 years Retail experience
- 5 years Accounting/analytical experience
- Communicate clearly and accurately with internal and external customers
- Develop and implement solutions for potential issues and opportunities
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Navigate through financial systems
- Bookkeeping skills
- Hands on Accounting application (technical) experience