ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a TOP Employer in the Madison area seeking a Finance & Accounting Business Analyst. The firm boasts a team-oriented and progressive minded culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. The company offers a Top 10% Benefits Package in the market (Ex. 401K Match of 6%, and 19 Days of PTO starting). If you are looking to be a part of a great team and have the opportunity to learn and grow, please apply right away.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FINANCE & ACCOUNTING BUSINESS ANALYST
This position is a key member of the Finance team responsible for driving change, improving finance processes and ensuring existing processes are maintained. The position is primarily responsible for analyzing Finance business processes and working with other Finance and enterprise teams to design and implement process and system improvements. A successful candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team to research issues and recommend solutions.
In this role you will:
Project Support and Analysis
- Serve as a subject matter expert on assigned Finance processes and how those processes interact with Finance systems, helping to define and develop new department processes and procedures.
- Support Finance and reporting system related projects, including concept development, requirement identification, user acceptance and controls testing, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint.
- Develop new and revise current reporting for internal and external customers (e.g., regulatory agencies, audit agencies, banks, partners, etc.).
- Work with technical liaison to configure user interfaces for Finance systems.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects.
- Adhere to internal controls to maintain the integrity of sensitive information.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Assess business processes for efficiencies; conducts research, provide recommendations, determine impact on business processes and workflow.
- Educate Finance users on new processes and tools.
- Maintain Accounting system general ledger list of departments and accounts.
- Assist Accounting to maintain month close process and documentation.