About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a successful, small family office.
- Due to retirement (after 30 years) and future growth plans, the role is open!
- The client is looking for someone interested in investments and would love to learn more about running a family office.
- Become the right-hand person to the Partner.
- Bring the current outsourced function of accounting back in house.
- An opportunity to expand on your accounting skills and actively participate in the challenge and management of significant assets.
- Work closely with the Chief Investment Officer, and head of the family office.
- A small family office work environment focused on having fun, integrity, flexibility, and respect.
Summary of the role:
Unique opportunity for someone with a disciplined academic and accounting background to become integrally involved in all aspects of a small family investment office, including public and private investing, charitable giving, trust management, and operations. The ideal candidate would have an accounting background with strong organizational skills dedicated to attention to detail which enables seamless coordination with outside professionals (accountants, tax, legal, insurance, etc.), and become an integral part of the team executing the firm's strategic goals. They are not afraid to step in and take charge in a thoughtful manner to improve office operations and organization.
Overview of the Senior Investment Accountant Role:
- Manage the accounting, control, and information access functions which are all foundational requirements to run an active investment management office.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closing process including but not limited to account reconciliations, bank account reconciliations, and various other journal entries.
- Manage the treasury function including review of daily cash to ensure entities have adequate liquidity to fund all capital commitments.
- Review and coordinate approval for daily/weekly wires and internal transfers.
- Coordinate all internal tax material (public and private investment filings, foundation activity, etc.) and support outside accountants in tax preparation.
- Oversee part-time resources as needed to manage basic office administrative tasks.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Investment Accountant:
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience with reputable accounting firms or corporations.
- The family office, banking (including Trust management), or investment company experience is preferred.
- High attention to detail and compulsively organized.
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and enjoy its challenges.
- Someone who wants to have fun, but also values hard work.