The Manager of FP&A is responsible for the financial planning and analysis function, including direct ownership of the Main Manufacturing facility, and consolidation of world-wide results. Working cross-functionally, the role directly impacts the financial performance of the business and interacts with senior leadership. The successful candidate has a background in Finance and Accounting, is analytical, process oriented, self-directed and works with a high sense of urgency.
- Manage financial planning and analysis of actuals, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Track in-month financial performance working together with Operations, Sales and leadership.
- Analyze and report operating results, including commentary, root cause analysis and countermeasure development.
- Establish KPI targets and work cross-functionally to deliver results on price, cost reductions and working capital.
- Manage demand models including pricing, sales incentive plans and product mix to drive sales growth and achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Assist the controllership team with various tasks and projects including some month end actions.
- Assist with M&A activities, including due diligence.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and projects.
- Drive continuous improvement in each of the above areas.
May be assigned various cross functional projects and responsibilities that have financial implications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- 5 or more years of finance/accounting experience, with at least 3 years of FP&A experience supporting manufacturing and commercial functions, preferably with foreign currencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and fundamental accounting concepts.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Solid understanding of pricing-volume-mix and margin concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Business Intelligence (preferably HFM) and ERP systems (preferably JDE).
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to take on new projects and responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential financial data.