Experienced Compliance Consultant (BC27975)
Our client is a financial services consulting firm that is currently looking for an Experienced Compliance Consultant to join their team! There is a path to partnership for the right person! This position offers a lot of variety and interaction with clients. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, flexible schedule for great work/life balance, and casual dress. They encourage professional and personal development and provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Compliance Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- The Compliance Consultant will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with establishing an effective control structure and SOX process and control documentation for newly acquired entities and entities implementing systems.
- Collect and analyze financial and operational data in order to test the adequacy of internal controls, verify compliance with operating procedures or regulatory requirements and evaluate the effectiveness of business processes.
- Assist in the planning, tracking and monitoring of the SOX compliance process.
- Participate in the maintenance of the SOX portal, including providing user training.
- Identify best practices and suggest process improvements to business unit/location management.
- The Compliance Consultant will advise on documentation for existing processes and process improvement solutions.