An exciting opportunity exists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland to serve as a member of the Large Banking Organization supervision team. The Examiner will be assigned to a team, where he/she will work with experienced staff responsible for supervising a large banking organization in Cleveland, Ohio. As part of the role, the Examiner will be responsible for leading or participating in complex reviews, monitoring and assessing the firm’s governance and control practices. Background in internal audit and controls is preferred. Examiner/Senior Examiner - Large Banking Organization Responsibilities
- Lead and participate on large complex financial institution examinations and assignments including horizontal and coordinated reviews of a portfolio of firms. Assess risk, alignment with regulatory standards, and compliance with laws and regulations relating to complex areas such as governance and controls, internal audit, capital planning, operational, model or credit risk with minimal oversight.
- Evaluate condition and risks in conjunction with regulatory guidelines to effectively plan and execute supervisory activities.
- Identify weaknesses and communicate findings to Reserve Bank management, Federal Reserve System management, and bank senior management and boards of directors.
- Prepare written analysis and other supervisory work products incorporating micro and macro risks and trends with minimal oversight.
- Strong ability to monitor and understand risks at the institution specific level, portfolio level (across a group of firms) and of the broader financial system and financial markets.
- Participate or leads efforts to advance Reserve Bank or System operational or strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with other regulatory counterparts.
- Progress in training programs as prescribed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business.
- 5+ years of regulatory experience or 10+ years of banking experience.
- A recognized Examiner’s Commission is a plus.
- Sound judgment, problem-solving abilities, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work through complexity and ambiguity.
- Strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assignments in a timely, high quality manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working partnerships and work as part of a team.
- Proven organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time if living in Northeast Ohio or up to 50% if residing in other communities within Federal Reserve System’s Fourth District. Travel requirements are balanced with flexible work arrangements.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to 'Protected Individuals' as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as 'green card holders') but do not include (i) a permanent resident alien who fails to apply for naturalization within six months of the date the alien first becomes eligible to apply for naturalization and (ii) an alien who has applied on a timely basis, but has not been naturalized as a citizen within 2 years after the date of the application, unless the alien can establish that the alien is actively pursuing naturalization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to present documentation of your eligibility prior to the interview.