“Seeking career growth with a national title company? Lennar Title can help you build the foundation to a long-term title career. Join the team just rated as the #1 Homebuilder Worldwide by Fortune Magazine’s 2021 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’.
Lennar Named #1 Homebuilder Worldwide on FORTUNE Magazine's 2021 List of 'World's Most Admired Companies'
Lennar Title is a proud member of the Lennar family of companies and has the unique opportunity to deliver the personal commitment and accountability of a local lender with the financial backing of a Fortune 150 company.
At Lennar Title, not only do you receive a job - you gain a network which includes 97% Builder Purchase Business, a family, and endless opportunities. Our success is a result of supporting and rewarding our team of elite professionals.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- FSA (Flexible Savings Account), DSA (Dependent Savings Account)
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time Off
- Associate Home Purchase Assistance
- Well Being incentive Bonuses
- Company Holidays (10 annually)
Summary of Position:
Preparation of all documents associated with the processing and closing of escrow, conveyance of title, recording of documents, clearing of title requirements and issuance of title insurance. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, directs the preparation of escrow instructions, drawing of documents, issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Reconciles escrow instructions with commitment and/or preliminary title report. Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques.
- Communicates and coordinates daily responsibilities with the Branch or Escrow Manager.
- Determines appropriate priorities and work flow.
- Manages time, appointments, and schedule in an efficient manner.
- Effectively communicates in person and on the telephone with clients and customers. Answers customer questions and/or telephone calls concerning status of pending items in the escrow files. Takes proactive approach to providing status updates for Agents (i.e., closing status or information still required to close or title requirements that need to be addressed.)
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title.
- Takes terms and information needed to process escrow.
- Draws instructions and supporting documents for signing.
- Signs-up customers explaining our instructions and documents.
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received.
- Disburses funds.
- Writes escrow instructions consistent with the requirements of the parties and obtains their approval.
- Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews commitment and/or preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions.
- Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title officer and/or principals by modifying escrow instructions or assisting principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, fire insurance, loan interest, rents and other prorated items.
- Directs and may participate in the preparation of settlement sheets showing detailed breakdown of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes. Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Trains, supervises, guides, and assigns and reviews the work of one or more escrow technicians, assistants, secretaries and/or receptionists.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and escrow transactions.
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures.
- Understands and complies with Good Funds Law.
- Refers questionable requests from customers to management for guidance
- Develops and maintain clientele by effective solicitation of business.
- Contacts brokers, real estate agents, builders, attorneys, lenders and other customers by telephone and in person to solicit business and ascertain the individual service needs of the customer.
- Attends client and business development functions. Represents company in public, customer and community relations activities. Attends client luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and company tour, makes speeches and presents prepared educational programs to client and other interested groups.
- Notarizes signatures as requested.
- Prepares Account Servicing Setups, if applicable.
- Knows Rate Manual and quotes accurate fees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent skills.
- Escrow education and/or certificate helpful.
- One-year responsible Escrow Officer Experience (or two years general escrow experience).
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Organizational skills.
- Math skills.
- Business writing skills.
- Basic terminology and documents related to title and escrow.
- Customer service techniques.
- Basic English grammar and spelling
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision, loan only, exchange, and commercial escrows without assistance.
- Operating desktop computers and common software.
- Performing routine maintenance of common office equipment.
- Compiling data and accurate data entry.
- Identifying, obtaining, reading detail relevant to escrow.
- Being productive, efficient, and meeting deadlines in a high-volume environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to attract and maintain acceptable base of customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to resolve escrow problems.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Must have a MD and VA title producer license as well as a VA notary