Responsible for the opening, processing, and closing of escrow files in a proper and timely manner. This position carries a high degree of responsibility for accuracy in the projection and timely coordination of the Division escrow closings. Fast, frequent and accurate communication is critical between the Escrow Coordinator, sales associates, field associates, escrow companies, Universal American Mortgage Company, title companies, and Option Coordinator. The paperwork is substantial and must be filed or processed and forwarded daily, requires extensive time on the telephone. #CB
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of weekly sales reports. Inputs current information from weekly sales recaps.
- Input lender information and track and approval all lender changes for escrow companies.
- Input and review loan approvals and verification of funds.
- Input current closing and open escrow status.
- Process, track, and account for buyer sales incentives.
- Prepare and distribute amendment request/ selection summary by coordinating with the sales associates, lenders, and any outside contractor for upgrades.
- Notarize Grant Deeds and other escrow documents as required.
- Coordinate Flooring Releases.
- Prepare and Record Notice of Completions.
- Prepare check and wire request as necessary for cancellations and other seller refunds.
- Create and mail buyer correspondence as necessary with regard to non-performance under the terms of the Purchase Agreement.
- Maintain projected closings spreadsheet and JD Edwards weekly sales flow.
- Review and approve all Estimated Settlement statements.
- Close out, balance file and review Final Settlement statements prior to Accounting Department’s review of closed files.
- Conduct weekly escrow closing meetings with Eagle Home Mortgage, sales associates, Controller, and various office and field managers. Update flow sheet as a result of this meeting.
- Problem solve all escrow tracking and closing issues between all parties.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) years minimum escrow experience; homebuilding industry a plus
- High school diploma OR GED required
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Current notary public
- Accurate typing 60-70 wpm
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess a professional attitude to represent company in positive manner
- Requires the ability to work while functioning under the pressure of problem solving and time sensitive deadlines
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing twenty-five 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard and calculator.