The ETL Developer is primarily responsible for improving and enhancing the overall operation of the organization by providing skills, expertise and knowledge around ETL techniques to use the web as a process data automation driver for the bank within banking and government regulations.
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate, or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
- Plan, coordinate, develop and support ETL processes including architecting table structure, building ETL process, documentation, and long-term preparedness.
- Translate requirements from the business and analyst into technical code.
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality in the packages.
- Provide production support of existing ETL processes.
- Manage SSIS version migrations.
Functional Skills & Knowledge: |
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, advanced statistics, effective presentation skills, creative skills, budgeting, ethics management and conducting effective meetings and research assessment are required. MS Office Skills, including advanced MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint advanced, and MS Visio Level I required.
Minimum Education and /or Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems strongly preferred. Minimum eight plus years' experience in lieu of education will be required.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum five years ETL development experience required.
Technical and/or Essential Knowledge:
Writes advanced SQL including some query tuning. Experience with SQL Server Integration Services required. Experience with Oracle and DB2 a plus. Data warehousing experience a plus.
Physical Demands: Air-conditioned office environment with 80% of the time spent at a desk performing computer functions and 20% walking or traveling to co-location to resolve internet/intranet issues.
Stressors: Constantly changing priorities and deadlines, 7/24 on-call status in order to respond to system failures.