ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGER
My client is a high growth and well-respected credit union in the San Antonio area. The perks are too many to mention with this opportunity... Flexible working hours, work-life balance, amazing benefits, the opportunity to grow the department and manage your team!
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within Risk Management (Risk, Audit and/or Compliance); risk management experience in Operations, IT, and Finance; Must have financial institution experience; BA in Finance or Accounting and risk management certification.
This is not a project-based position and the ideal candidate will desire a long-term career with this opportunity!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGER:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, risk management
- Three or more years of risk management or related field
- Financial institution industry knowledge
- Risk management related certification a plus
- Strong project management and communication skills both verbal and written, advanced technical writing skills
- Leadership and supervision skills, able to transform ideas to implement appropriate solutions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, data analysis a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with various departments
WHAT WILL THE ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGER DO?
The Enterprise Risk Manager is tasked with managing the Credit Union's ERM program. This entails compliance with the ERM policy which includes an annual risk assessment reporting to management risk committee and the board of directors, reporting on alignment with risk appetite, monitoring emerging risks and partnering with business units throughout the credit union to facilitate risk mitigation plans.
- Lead annual risk assessments with key business units to assess, quantify, aggregate and capture mitigation strategies for exposures resulting in a risk profile for the credit union by NCUA risk category (reputation, strategic, credit, transaction, interest rate, liquidity, compliance).
- Evaluate risk profile to ensure alignment with Board established risk appetite and strategy
- Update risk appetite statements and metrics to align to business objectives and strategy
- Maintain an ERM Policy consistent with regulatory expectations and communicate throughout the CU
- Monitor risk environment as well as emerging risks to determine appropriate action plans, if necessary
- Serve as subject matter expert to consult with management and provide risk advice
- Participate in risk committees and provide credible challenge to information or decisions at hand
- Assist in risk monitoring including design, collection and analysis of key risk metrics
- Participate and provide input regarding risk best practices for new systems, programs, products or services
- Manage the CU’s risk acceptance process and serve as a resource to the business as needed
- Facilitate insurance renewal process including insurance application and review process
- Work closely with business units to oversee execution of model risk management policy
- Work with banking examiners to provide requested information and respond to inquiries
- Participate or lead special projects as needed
$95,000.00 - $105,000.00 /Year