The E-Billing Analyst is responsible for obtaining e-billed clients' approval of timekeepers and rates, assisting the Billing group and E-billing Coordinator with troubleshooting e-bill issues, maintaining e-billing software and helping to ensure e-bill compliance with client requirements as well as assisting the E-Billing Coordinator with new e-billing client setup.
- Assists in the accurate set up and maintenance of clients for electronic billing by working with Partners, internal staff, vendors and client contacts to gather information, complete necessary documentation.
- Assists with the communication of e-billing guidelines to firm members, including affected billing attorneys, timekeepers, and billing department to ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Ensures compliance of the Firm's and Clients' guidelines and setup related software as needed.
- Submits timekeeper and rate information to clients as necessary.
- Assists with the appeals processes to ensure appeals deadlines are met.
- Ensures the accurate set up of electronic billing files. Assists the Billing group with transmitting electronic bills and resolving electronic billing rejections.
- Monthly reconciliation of e-bills to e-billing vendor sites to ensure that all e-bills for month were electronically submitted. Work with the Billing group to finalize submission of missing invoices.
- Responsible for responding to questions regarding client and matter information, timekeeper information, and billing rate information.
- Assists billing partners with client requests including budgets, special reporting, etc.
- Performs research and responds to inquiries from billing partners, clients, Client Accounts Manager and others, as requested.
- Special assignments as given by the Asst. Client Accounts Manager, Billing & Client Accounts Manager, Director of Client Accounts, and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Flexibility for overtime as required.
- Must have a minimum of three years professional service firm billing experience (Elite or CMS accounting system preferred).
- Billing experience must include one year with a concentration in electronic invoice submission utilizing various vendors in the industry.
- Have proficient knowledge in generating and preparing billing related reports.
- Ability to effectively present information orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Windows applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.