Under the direct supervision of the Corporate Director of Accounting, the Director of Reimbursement - Resident Health Services manages insurance verification functions and the third party billing function which includes ensuring accuracy in the monthly billing, supervising reimbursement staff, and maximizing collection of third party receivables.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation and distribution of the monthly third party billings.
- Maximizes collection of third party receivables.
- Ensures compliance with Medicare & Medicaid.
- Ensures accuracy and timely preparation and distribution of Primary Care Services billing.
- Provides customer service for external and internal customers, including residents and resident's families, communities and other home office departments for third party billing related issues.
- Manages the reimbursement staff, including direct supervision of staff, performance evaluations and participation in hiring.
- Analyze third party revenue on a monthly basis
- Supports projects related to upgrades or changes to the computerized billing system.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of related computer systems necessary for completion of tasks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in this position are normally acquired through the obtainment of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, and through progressive work experience of at least five years in management of third party reimbursement and progressively responsible supervision of staff.
- Sensitive to deadlines
- Communication and interpersonal (must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment)
- Exceptional customer service, quick evaluation and decision making
- Can operate all office equipment (including telephone, computer, copier)
- Excellent written, verbal and grammatical skills within the English language
- Excellent computer software knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, & Lawson a plus)
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
At Acts, you can build a challenging and rewarding career with competitive benefits, and a full range of opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer