Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team provide leadership to a team that is responsible for the Company's annual planning, long-term and short-term forecasting, monthly variance analysis and reporting, cost analysis, multi-unit retail analysis and investor relations. As Director of FP&A, you will demonstrate a strong understanding of key business drivers and financial models that enable the FP&A team to deliver value-added analysis across the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Effectively lead the company's overall development of the annual financial plan including coordination of multiple operating business units and support departments, presentation to management and identification of risks and opportunities.
Lead strategic and annual planning tactical process company-wide.
Provide formal monthly and quarterly financial and capital analytics to executive level management.
Supervise timely production and accuracy review of quarterly Board packages including the production and support materials for other high level corporate packages.
Assist capital project owners in preparing, executing and managing capital spend and forecasting, working with corporate department owners.
Oversee the processing of reports and support corporate departments with expense comparison and timely input of monthly forecast.
Manage the Company's financial planning process including annual plans, monthly and quarterly forecasts and long range projections.
Provide collaborative and direct partnership with each business organization to develop and adhere to departmental financial targets.
Deliver effective analysis and recommendations to control operational costs and effectively represent the performance of locations within the Company's multi-unit retail footprint.
Drive improvements in the financial planning processes and procedures through technology improvements and development of streamlined extraction of data and automation of reporting.
Assist with investor relations - quarterly MD&A, preparation of investor analyses and presentations where applicable.
Develop and execute repeatable and accurate fiscal reports as well as ad hoc reporting for members of senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 10+ years' experience in financial planning and analysis role with at least 5 years in a management role (preferably at the Director level but will consider Sr. Managers ready for the next step)
- Strong financial, strategic, analytical, and project management skills
- Executive presence with the ability to confidently deliver structured presentations to high-level management
- Capable of presenting complex financial information and concepts in an easy-to-understand format
- Must have a continuous improvement mentality, with demonstrated energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building successful teams in the areas of budgeting/forecasting and portfolio analytics pertaining to the operations side of the business
- Proven expertise in business analyses (including budgeting and forecasting) within a multi-unit business environment is required; financial services or a retail environment
- Must be able to effectively liaise with Accounting to ensure clear application of technical GAAP rules to long-term Budgeting and Forecasting needs of the company
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Master's Degree in Business or a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering
- Implementation experience with Hyperion or Essbase
- CPA certification
- Experience with Smartview, Hyperion or Essbase is strongly preferred
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software is helpful
Learn More About Us
The Director of FP&A is part of the Finance Team, a group of trusted financial advisers who strive to ensure our business partners have the financial data they need to make the correct decisions as we continue to solidify our position as the industry leader. To learn more about this team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance/.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required. The person in this position needs to frequently move about the office or other work locations and must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.