Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Company's philosophy and company culture
- To direct, manage and support the development, implementation, maintenance and administration of all financial controls and accounting procedures, based upon a maximization of internal control techniques consistent with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts established policy and generally accepted accounting principles, as adapted to the requirements of the hotel's management contract and other local legal requirements.
- The Director of Finance is required to play an active role in the management of the hotel and to exercise a responsive attitude to the needs of the General Manager and other members of the hotel management team.
- To ensure compliance to terms and conditions of the hotel's management contract, with particular regard to provisions relating to the company's responsibilities as the managers and bringing any discrepancies to the immediate attention of the General Manager and Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts corporate management.
- To be actively involved in the search for opportunities to improve the profitability of the hotel and encourage the preparation of exception reports and analyses to help meet and measure the success of this objective.
- To ensure compliance with Lender's reporting requirements
- To ensure timely reporting of taxes at the city, district and federal level in conjunction with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts tax reporting requirements in the U.S.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the General manager or Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts corporate.
- To organize an efficient treasury function to provide proper management of the hotel's working capital and cash flow in accordance with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts minimum guidelines and within the requirements of the hotel's management contract. Also, to ensure excessive investment is not made in receivables or inventories and that sufficient liquidity is maintained to meet the hotel's obligations.
- To review and critique project capital expenditure reports to ensure that both the General Manager and Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts are provided with complete and accurate information.
- To continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the General Manager and Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts corporate management are kept fully appraised of any implications which may affect the performance of the hotel in meeting its financial objectives.
- To be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the hotel's computerised data processing function within the Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts established guidelines.
- To ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts and other information required by Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- To personally review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel management to ensure the General Manager and Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts corporate management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- To be responsible for all financial reporting and managing of the Master Association Accounts for ownership.
- To ensure all legal, treasury and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which will include any governmental requirement for permits and licences.
- To ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel's assets against loss or misappropriation.
- To ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel with particular regard to the requirements contained in the hotel's management contract.
- Assume full responsibility for the proper control of all cash funds and other assets for subordinates.
- To work with the Human Resources Director to establish sound compensation and benefits structure within the hotel.
- To assume all responsibilities and duties required for the various company secretarial functions in respect of Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts' legal presence in the United States.
- To establish a comprehensive credit and collection policy for the hotel based on good industry practice and within the guidelines provided by Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts.
- To manage, supervise and support all subordinate Team Members, with a view to optimizing the profitability of the hotel and improving the guest experience.
- To initiate Team Member development and evaluation programs for all subordinate staff to ensure the highest level of professional competence and efficient continuity within those positions.
- Positions directly supervised will include the Assistant Director of Finance and Purchasing Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead is not hiring an experienced Director of Finance to lead its team! Luxury experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Hospitality Management
- Director or Assistant Director hotel finance experience
- Experience with hands on budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with owner relations
- Prolific in all Windows Based Software Application
- Strong Level of Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Luxury experience
- Hilton proprietary experience
- Strong Team Player, enthusiastic to learn and accomplish the Finance Department and Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts Overall Goals.