At TMX Finance Family of Companies, helping people is our business and we do it every day by creating opportunities not only for our customers who need financial assistance, but also for our very own team members looking to advance their careers.
TMX Finance is hiring a Director of Accounting in Carrollton, TX!
The Director of Accounting will be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Your leadership skills, vast understanding of accounting principles, and ability to close gaps in business processes will be your keys to success in directing the revenue, receivable, and cash departments, as well as in overseeing maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements. Meanwhile, your coaching skills will allow you to develop and grow your team members, elevating the quality of the department's work and furthering your career path.
Director of Accounting Primary Responsibilities:
● Oversee the corporate accounting team to include fixed assets, leasing and accruals.
● Direct accounting team through the full accounting cycle and direct accounting projects through their life-cycle, resolving issues and escalation of risks as needed.
● Ensure best practices to handle complex compensation and payroll transactions such as 401K, restricted stock, deferred compensation, benefits, etc. and to make sure these transactions are properly recorded to the General Ledger.
● Work very closely with HR to ensure Compensation Plans are in Accordance with GAAP.
● Lead team in the successful execution of full cycle accounting calendars on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, providing clear direction, resolving obstacles, and ensuring a high-quality review process; includes journal entry processing, account reconciliations, fluctuation explanations, internal and external financial reporting, SOX controls, and other analyses.
● Write, maintain, prepare, and review monthly consolidated financial statements and related reports.
● Assist in the budgeting and forecast expense process.
● Research accounting pronouncements and develop policies for new, changing, or existing business transactions.
● Ensure that SOX controls are accurately documented, kept current, and are executed in accordance with Company policies, and ensure documentation of new products or changes in state requirements for existing products.
TMX Finance - What We Offer
● Dynamic team atmosphere
● Group Medical Plan including dental, vision, and life insurance options
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● 401(K) Plan
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
● Performance-Based Bonuses
● Training and Development