Director of Accounting (KC28156)
Our client, a professional services company, is currently looking for a Director of Accounting to join their fast-growing team! This position will be responsible for leading and managing an investment reporting accounting team. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with a good work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. The pride themselves on promoting from within and helping their employees grow.
The Director of Accounting will have a hands-on role and get into the details of the accounting and financial activities for the company. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Director of Accounting will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Manage a team responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reporting the financial and operating results of portfolio companies and stand-alone investments.
• Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and year-end preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements.
• Oversee preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts.
• Manage the preparation of the annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures and supporting schedules.
• Review of portfolio annual budget.
• Manage any other reporting requirement specific to the portfolio including but not limited to escalations, accounts receivable aging reports and other ad hoc analysis and requests.
• Manage and mentor staff including hiring, providing training and guidance, reviewing work and conducting performance and salary reviews.
• The Director of Accounting will perform other duties and complete special projects as required.