SNI Certes has partnered with a Las Colinas wholesale client for an Interim Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, starting ASAP and lasting at least six months.
In addition to routine consolidation and reporting requirements of the, the ideal candidate would act as an outspoken advocate by initiating process improvement projects, engaging corporate resources to support Company objectives and building reporting and analysis capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Financial planning, analysis, consolidated reporting and M&A analysis
- Providing insightful reporting and analysis on various projects and proposed transactions at a corporate level.
- Develop and enhance financial planning processes and techniques, including development of an integrated forecasting process.
- Ensure that the strategic financial planning processes for the company link to long term operational strategies of the company.
- Set a high standard for all forecasting and planning for the company; ensure it is completed and maintained at public company-level.
- Assist with coordinating annual budget. Present monthly updates as needed to senior management on risks and opportunities that will impact the business.
- Business Analysis and Support. Gather the necessary financial and operating data to build comprehensive analyses which fully support a conclusion. Evaluate and quantify risks associated with the conclusion. Focus areas include:
- Sales and margin analysis
- Vendor sales performance reporting
- Monthly sales review and recommendation
- Forecast preparation
- Corporate data requests
- Perform variance analysis vs. budgets and plans, identify areas of concern and give improvement recommendations.
- Enable successful financial integration of all acquisitions, accountable for numbers as they are integrated.
- Support company's development activities by analyzing growth initiatives including new product or service introductions, acquisitions, identifying business trends and new business opportunities.
- Provide on-going support and assistance to company's financial and operational regions.
- Evaluate impact of acquisitions, developments, financing and debt strategies on the company's capital structure.
- Serve as business partner to senior management to assist in developing profitability models, evaluating product and marketing initiatives, evaluating current share trends, performing competitor analyses and evaluation potential business opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills: Routine interaction with executive management and national organization operating in multiple time zones. Willingness to initiate communication and follow through with requests/unresolved issues is critical to success.
- Customer Service. Clear understanding of role played by Corporate Finance team is essential. It is one of leadership, but also of service. A critical part of this role is to extract insight from financial and operating data which can be used to facilitate decision making alongside the sales and marketing management teams.
- Financial Planning Tool Experience. The ideal candidate will have a robust understanding of an enterprise class planning application (e.g., Hyperion Essbase, Prophix, Adaptive Planning, etc.). Responsibilities will include report building and data gathering.
- Data Mining and Analysis. The ability to identify and collect financial and operating data from multiple ERP systems is essential. Mentoring financial analysts on how to obtain and use resulting data will also be required.
- Finance and Accounting Knowledge. A general understanding of financial statements and general & cost accounting is required to support the needs of the business units and associated analyses.
- Superior Microsoft Excel abilities including template building, pivot tables, and spreadsheet automation using Visual Basic (VB) code would be preferred.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting, or other technical degree with an MBA
- Top 20 MBA desirable
- 5-10 years' financial analysis
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Expert Excel skills required
- Strong PowerPoint knowledge required
- Solid presentations skills