Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
The Liquidity Planning team at Hilton supports the financial and operational performance through strategic liquidity management. For this dynamic career opportunity as the Director of Liquidity Planning, we are looking for a dedicated and committed Finance professional who will report to the Senior Director. In this leadership role, we believe you will have the chance to drive working capital efficiency and transparency through forecasting, cash investment, intercompany finance, and global cash mobilization activities.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead liquidity planning and cash mobilization initiatives. This includes driving working capital improvements, liquidity optimization efforts, managing short-term funding, and identifying surplus cash across the company. You will ensure cash for capital allocation meets strategies (e.g., share repurchase, external debt servicing)
- Handle liquidity forecasting process through collaboration with FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) and other teams. You will produce accurate liquidity and cash flow forecasts and lead efforts to continually drive forecast improvement
- Direct investment of excess cash. You will provide business insight, guidance on investment instruments, and insight of global financial institutions to ensure international investment portfolios follow policy guidelines
- Oversee Hilton's global intercompany finance portfolio, including equity and debt. You will partner with Regional Treasury, Tax, Legal, Operations and Accounting teams, you will formulate and execute internal funding and cash repatriation solutions for overseas subsidiaries to minimize trapped capital overseas
- Ensure all liquidity planning activities are in compliance with company policies and internal controls
- Design and document policies and procedures to meet internal control and SOX requirements
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues on the impacts of cash mobilization and intercompany funding activity
- Provide analytical support to the SVP & Treasurer, along with other leaders in Finance, on Treasury and Finance initiatives as needed
- Support the development and management of the Company's investment relationships
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will be achieved by a positive self-starter who possesses the following business insight and skills:
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Leaders who are comfortable recruiting and developing their Team Members, providing mentorship and recognition, giving performance feedback, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of experience in international treasury, FP&A, banking or other financial role
- Three (3) years of experience with cash flow and/or liquidity forecasting
- Three (3) years of Management experience
- Prior experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Travel 15% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MBA or MA/MS Master's Degree in Finance
- Ten (10) years of progressive Finance or Treasury experience with a publicly held global company
- Domestic and international finance experience with extensive knowledge of cash flow and/or liquidity forecasting, global treasury operations
- Experience with working capital management
- Experience with intercompany funding and debt instruments
- Familiarity with principles of financial risk management
- Expertise in accounting and planning systems (Hyperion Planning, PeopleSoft)
- Familiarity with treasury management systems (SunGard, Wall Street Systems)
- Prior history using Bloomberg
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!