Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Group Pricing, you will advance Hilton's global competitiveness in pricing of group rooms and meeting space. Hilton hosts a large variety of group customers, from small social events to large corporate conventions. Pricing structures for these events can sophisticated given the complexity of meeting space and group block patterns. To be effective, these structures have to be responsive to customer purchasing behavior, competitive landscape, and distribution strategy.
In collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will develop pricing strategies for group segments, and establish frameworks to monitor and improve their effectiveness. This position will seek to develop and deploy advanced pricing methodologies for group business distributed online and via hotels' sales teams.
You will collaborate with Sales, Revenue Management, IT, Analytics, Digital, and other cross-functional teams to assess Hilton's current limitations in group pricing. You will also partner with IT and product teams to develop new group pricing and revenue management capabilities in order to achieve enterprise objectives and better align with customer expectations.
As the Director of Group Pricing Strategy, you will rely heavily on a deep understanding current tools and process across Hilton's brands and geography. The position will also rely on your experience in group pricing methodologies, current industry trends, and applicable learnings outside of the hospitality industry.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and deploy a global group pricing strategy for group room blocks and meeting space, adhering to brand standards and improving returns to hotels.
- Collaborate with Sales, Revenue Management, Digital, Brands, IT, Analytics, and other functional disciplines to identify, prioritize, test, and deploy opportunities in group pricing.
- Seek strategic alignment of pricing strategy across regions (APAC, EMEA, and AMER) through collaboration with regional revenue and pricing teams.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to improve and enhance Hilton's group pricing and revenue management solutions.
- Provide frequent verbal and written updates to senior leadership on strategic plans, risk and opportunity assessments, and performance evaluation of key initiatives.
- Utilize meaningful research in and out of hospitality industry in order to formulate long-term group pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with analytics and data science teams to develop, test, and measure new models for pricing meeting space and group room blocks.
- Organize and facilitate periodic cross-functional reviews on the efficacy of the group pricing strategy for each brand and geographic area (market).
- Provide mentorship as a subject matter authority supporting cross-functional initiatives of other disciplines.
- Lead the recruitment and development of team members to include participating in succession planning efforts, providing team members with continuous feedback and recognition, and facilitating career development discussions to meet individual needs and group performance objectives.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the chance to create pricing process improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional working experience
- Four (4) years of Management experience
- Three (3) years of Revenue Management experience
- Travel potential: 30% - 50%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Ten (10) years of professional working experience
- Six (6) years' Management experience
- Group Revenue Management and meeting space optimization experience in a large group hotel
- Product team experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!