Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of GBCS Finance (Global Brands and Commercial Services), you will lead financial planning, analysis and business support activities for select Customer and/or Commercial functions within Hilton, including Customer Contact Center, Revenue Management and other Commercial functions. You will be the key business partner for commercial planning, investment analysis, and numerous analytical and strategic initiatives across these areas. In addition, you will report to the Senior Director of GBCS Finance and will lead a team of up to four (4) Team Members in Dallas Corporate office to accomplish stated goals.
As the Director, GBCS Finance, you will lead the annual planning and forecasting process, ensuring a linkage exists between planned investments and revenue delivery. You will develop business relationships and play the role of business partner and trusted advisor for Customer, Commercial and Finance leadership, identifying business opportunities, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing strategies to deliver against current and future global priorities.
More specifically, you will:
Managing Activities (50%):
- Work with key stakeholders and departments to identify key priorities and objectives.
- Set team goals, provide direction to team members, and give performance feedback.
- Prioritize and delegate as needed to achieve management objectives with optimal resource allocation.
- Communicate important and necessary information via emails, reports and phone calls.
- Inform Finance and GBCS leadership of the department's progress and advise them on key issues to help the decision-making process, particularly as it relates to current and forward financial performance and opportunities.
- Collaborate with HR on the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and developing Team Members.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Build relationships and collaborate with Finance, Operations, Customer, and Commercial Services.
Planning and Analysis Activities (50%):
- Execute and administrate a material portion of $3B total Customer/Commercial gross expense.
- Lead annual operating expense budget process, as well as monthly/quarterly forecasting process.
- Establish a clear calendar for annual planning process and monthly reporting/performance reviews.
- Track financial performance against stated goals, identify risks/opportunities, communicate results to business partners, take corrective action as needed.
- Manage ROI and business case processes in order to assess the financial implications of commercial and brand initiatives.
- Document and evaluate the allocation processes internal to GBCS as well as coming in and out of GBCS. This includes educating stakeholders on opportunities and sensitivities to streamline and/or automate.
- Coordinate the development and or modifications to performance reporting, focusing on cost drivers, trends, and identifying corrective action.
- Research and help to identify business drivers for Customer and Commercial Services and report findings and conclusions to upper management.
- Prepare special projects for Leadership on a regular basis, including contract analysis, project analysis, NPV analysis, etc.
- Support Finance, Customer and Commercial Services Leadership teams as needed.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a conscientious and creative self starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to develop and lead a team to achieve stated goals, including taking initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all components required for team to succeed
- Shown ability to interact at all levels of management and effectively present to senior and executive management
- Solid project management skills, including handling details through to completion and ensuring project deadlines are met
- Accountable individuals, who make great use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop analytical skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence to motivate and influence others
- Discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to analyze financial data to identify trends/issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Controller area or a business unit finance role
- Three (3) years of management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including the proficiency to understand and manipulate spreadsheets as well as build clear and concise presentations
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS/MBA Master's Degree - Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Proficiency with Oracle Smart View and Hyperion Essbase
- Experience working with and/or familiarity with Customer Service and Contact Centers
- Experience working in product-team and/or matrixed organizational structure
- Familiarity with the franchise and shared service model inclusive of various fee and funding streams and the rules and regulations surrounding use of each fee stream
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!