Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
The Treasury Financial Risk team is responsible for identifying exposures, quantifying the impact to the business and developing and executing hedging strategies aligned with Hilton's operational and financial goals. As the Director of Financial Risk, you will lead Hilton's FX and Interest Rate hedging programs and exposures, advise on the impact of new exposures to the business and develop risk management reporting and critical metrics.
More specifically, you will:
- Direct Hilton's FX risk management programs, both balance sheet and cash flow exposures. Oversee all hedging activity processes, including exposure forecasting and hedge execution. You will support identification and hedging of new FX exposures. Build and maintain framework for reporting Hilton's FX exposure, hedging effectiveness and other meaningful KPIs.
- Monitor currency market trends and provide market intelligence, business analysis and insight to other teams, including FP&A, Accounting, Operations Finance, Development and Feasibility. You will build positive relationships across functions within the company to communicate and explain complex financial concepts to non-experts on FX risks and impacts to the organization.
- Evaluate, monitor and develop hedging strategies to mitigate interest rate exposure.
- Improve and maintain process for assessing credit risk to global financial counterparties.
- Support efforts to identify, monitor and, where appropriate, mitigate other areas of financial risk.
- Ensure all financial risk management activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements, internal controls, and company policies.
- Craft and document policies and procedures to meet internal control and SOX requirements.
- Build partnerships with the Liquidity Planning team on the risk management impacts of cash flow and intercompany funding activity, as needed.
- Provide analytical support to the SVP & Treasurer and other leaders in Finance on other Treasury and Finance initiatives, as needed.
- Support the development and management of the Company's derivative relationships.
- Own the recruitment and development of Team Members, including providing Team Members with continuous feedback and recognition, and facilitating career development discussions to meet individual needs and group performance objectives.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates who build positive relationships and trust
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and show flexibility to change
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Deep understanding of the principles of financial risk management (interest rates and FX) and the use of financial derivatives in hedging
- Familiarity with global currency markets, including trends, drivers and actors
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, banking services, accounting and internal controls, derivatives documentation (including ISDA), and legal contracts
- Familiarity with hedge accounting (ASC 815) and currency accounting (ASC 830)
- Familiarity with accounting and planning systems (eg, Hyperion Planning, PeopleSoft)
- Familiarity with treasury management systems (eg, SunGard, Wall Street Systems) and online trading systems (eg FXall)
- Experience using Bloomberg
- Familiarity with derivatives regulation (Dodd-Frank, EMIR)
- Ability to translate business requirements into logic-based programming solutions (such as VB, SQL, XML, HTML5)
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of work experience in international treasury, banking or other financial role
- Three (3) years of experience working with financial derivatives in hedging and financial risk management
- Three (3) years of management experience
- Financial modeling experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Travel up to 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MBA or MS/MA in Financial related field
- Ten (10) years of progressive Finance or Treasury experience with a publicly held global company
- Understanding of financial risk metrics, including VaR
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!