We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for developing and executing Alliant’s data strategy and building a robust data and analytics platform for the business. The Director will manage a team consisting of Manager(s), Architect(s), Data Designers, Data Modelers, Data Engineers, ETL Developers and DBA’s. The team documents technical user requirements; design and build data models and related security components for analytics; design and build ETL processes; design, build, and test user-facing reporting/analytic applications; and successfully complete rollout, training, and support to ensure that best practices are followed during design and development. This position requires a candidate to have an established background in leading and managing large data environments, excellent leadership and people management skills, project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.Responsibilities
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Data Services strategy, policies, process and procedures related to building out the enterprise Information assets which will be used to drive analytics that support the business initiatives and operations.
- Act as an enterprise mentor/advisor on all organizational data decisions
- Partner across the enterprise to blueprint and execute the multi-year data technology strategy that complements the overall technology multi-year plan
- Possess strong leadership skills and serve as the primary contact for initiatives. Work to influence and conduct cross-functional projects - some with remote resources. Develop a close working relationship with other groups in the company as well as external contacts. Formulize solution requirements engineering translating into technical specifications
- Direct and oversee the design and implementation of a cross-functional data governance model for divisional outputs. (Approach, Policies, Procedures, Processes, InfoSec’s security standards, etc…).
- Provide leadership in data science, and analytics in the development of current or future services/products or technologies
- Recommend innovations which anticipate the future directions of business and information technology relative to development standards and practices
- Build relationships and collaborate with peer technology leaders and their teams to deliver world class integrated data solutions
- Work independently to figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with solutions with a focus on a hybrid on premise and cloud approach for automation, and innovation
- Plan for organizational success by creating the optimal team composition and skills required to achieve the enterprises operational and strategic goals
- Overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and implementing change management throughout the organization
- Direct the ongoing expansion, migration, development and maintenance of all Microsoft SQL databases.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot database management systems (DBMS) resolving any issues specific to performance, security, and functionality Ensure that root cause is identified and steps taken to mitigate are completed to ensure no future impact to customers or members
- Ensure there are secure and sound database backup/recovery environments and oversee the various disaster recovery exercises throughout the year
- Ensure that information security policies, procedures and practices for all NPI, PCI and other member data are followed
- Provide guidance and support of Business Unit and Project Development Teams for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Identify staffing resource requirements and skill sets required to meet project goals, and work with staff augmentation partners when extended resources are required including the development of statements of work and management of contractors toward deliverables
- Manage project schedules and resources ensuring that time tracking for team members is done, adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate issues, scope or timeline changes, revised work estimates and/or resource availability constraints
- Assures adherence to DW/BI methodology standards, best practices, and project procedures
- Specify the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverable
- Lead, develop and grow a team of data and analytics analysts, contributing to their technical and professional development