Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Commercial Performance, All Suites, you will play a key role in building and communicating performance observations and outlook to inform the Category Commercial plan. Additionally, you will lead the Category Commercial plan development and organization, which is used to align commercial activity around achievement of financial and market share goals. Establishing deep relationships within the commercial engine functional areas will be critical to developing bespoke strategies for these brands. You will also be responsible for establishing the forecast targets on a monthly and annual basis.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure that the desired revenue and market share targets are achieved.
- Develop the brand performance story through the analysis of trends to figure out performance drivers and the identification of future risks and opportunities derived from various data sources in addition to Revenue Management observations, Commercial Services Analytics and other teams outside of Commercial Services.
- Communicate brand performance, drivers and forecasts to advise functional leaders of performance gaps and need to course correct or lean-in to current action.
- Build and organize the Category Commercial Plan by facilitating a process to develop core initiatives and tactics across Commercial, Brand and Marketing functions and ensure appropriate actions are in place to drive performance.
- Prepare and provide analytical observations to the Brands, Marketing and other senior level partners from Commercial Services by facilitating monthly commercial performance brand calls, quarterly brand category meetings and quarterly business reviews with each brand leader.
- Provide dedicated support to the overall process of the Quarterly Business Review with Commercial Services leadership.
- Lead the brand forecast process, including researching and developing of annual targets (by segment and month), monthly forecast targets, and monthly updates to a rolling 12-month period maintaining a high level of accuracy (+ or - 30 bps.)
- Craft presentation content to share the performance story, outlook, and action plan appropriately for the target audience.
- Act as the Brand Category Commercial Performance authority and provide input and consultation as needed.
- Lead bi-weekly category calls, to review commercial plan progress and hold partners accountable for results. This includes summarizing the status and reporting out on bi-weekly cadence.
- Coordinate and consult with functional leaders to assist in action development, ensure actions are appropriate and stay on track.
- Support marketing team's development of marketing strategy and campaign through sharing areas of focus and need. This includes facilitating the communication of that strategy through the Commercial Focus process.
- Identify and help to execute improvements in technologies and processes.
- Respond to information and data requests from internal departments and management.
- Collaborate with leadership team to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals.
- Communicate issues with the deployment plan, implementation process, and/or support process to Senior Leadership.
- Review support processes to ensure they remain relevant, effective and efficient to meet changing business standards and processes.
- Complete any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to build constructive and collaborative working relationships with team members and external parties
- Leads multiple projects within deadlines and works effectively under time and resource constraints
- Works well under pressure and effectively handles multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizes responsibilities
- Handles extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction through critical thinking and judgment
- Ability to set specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals
- Ability to perform critical analysis
- Highly professional presentations and communications (oral and written) skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in revenue management, sales, marketing, or analytical roles
- Five (5) years of cross-functional experience in hotel management, or related industry, essential; cross brand or product line experience preferred
- Four (4) years of Director type experience
- Can travel on short notice and adaptable to schedule changes. There is potential for 25% travel.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools, particularly PowerPoint
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree OR five (5) years of experience in Revenue Management, Finance, Hospitality Management or similar business background
- Ten (10) years of experience in revenue management, marketing, sales, or analytical roles
- Seven (7) years of Director type experience
- Adaptable experience in Revenue Management, Marketing, or Sales
- Adaptable experience with business strategy, business planning, and business plan development
- Strong experience in large, matrix organizations
- Proficiency with Hilton software programs
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!