CURRENTLY HIRING REMOTE/WORK-FROM-HOME OPPORTUNITIES FOR MORTGAGE UNDERWRITERS!
- DE (direct endorsement) / 'government underwriter'
- Will mainly be handling FHA loans, might be requested to help with conventional loans
- Underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- 3 to 5 years of recent DE/Government Underwriting experience
- FHA / Conventional Loan Underwriting
- CHUMS Certification
- Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions
- Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Maintains pre-established service level standard of decisions within a time frame set by the company
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews
- Ability to function in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.