Digital Transformation Officer
The Digital Transformation Officer(DTO) is a senior officer with strong analytical and communication skills and a wide and thorough understanding of the banking industry or financial services organization. Besides supporting the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) in its mission, other purposes of this job are scouting and serving as external liaison with vendors and the Fintech community; ensuring internal communication and coordination with stakeholders; and providing analytical support during planning, decision-making, and performance tracking and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Works with strategic planning, IT, marketing and other executives and senior managers to create a digital vision for the enterprise, and to identify the opportunities for differentiating digital capabilities and solutions.
- Participates in the process to identify and evaluate internal digital asset capabilities and strengths. Assesses external digital opportunities and threats as key inputs to making the best decisions on business strategy, given digital realities.
- Participates in the development of the digital business strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the enterprise strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans. Supports in the establishment of a single point of coordination and executive oversight for all digital initiatives and transformation projects.
- Participates in ensuring that the enterprise is developing the digital assets and capabilities that will be needed to thrive in the midterm and long term.
- Acts as a champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain enterprise digital capabilities.
- Researches and establishes relationships with vendors and Fintechs to understand their capabilities and to bring them to the conversation at the appropriate time.
- Provides analytical support both in the planning phase, and during the execution of the DT program.
- Provides analytical support in the definition and reporting of KPIs and metrics that represent progress against digital strategy goals.
- Liaises with Product Owners and cross functional teams executing the enterprise's digital business mission.
- Liaises with the IT organization to develop and exploit new digital business solutions to create a competitive edge for the enterprise.
- Liaises with the HR function to build digital talent in the enterprise.
- Ensures preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues
- Identifies, evaluates, monitors and makes any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate, or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Minimum Education and /or Certifications:
A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
At least seven years of financial services experience, ideally in business, marketing, or IT. Progressive experience in leading or participating in cross-functional teams and programs, effectively executing and influencing across the organization and within complex contexts. Experience in budgeting, statistical analysis, and reporting. The candidate must have been part of a team that successfully developed and implemented digital transformation at a financial services organization.
Technical and/or Essential Knowledge:
Understanding of the evolving digital world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology) and the supply side (emerging technologies). Knowledge of digital marketing, analytics, supply chain management and CRM. Strong business acumen, including domain-specific knowledge of the company and its business units. Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills. Strong influence and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists.
Building relationships, business enterprise knowledge, change advocate and leader, influencing others, innovation, results orientation, strategic thinking, team leadership.