The Default Management Strategy & Analytics team is located in Brooklyn, Ohio, and and Amherst, New York, and consists of 6 Business Analysts and a Department Manager. There is currently one opening for a Collections Senior Analyst in the Analytics arm of the department.
The primary objective of the team is to develop and deliver information used to make business decisions across Loan Services. Default Senior Analyst’s expertise is focused in Default Management (including Collections & Recovery, Real Estate Default Management, Loss Mitigation, Default Support Services).
Essential job functions include:
- Mine/explore data in order to identify process improvements, develop recovery and collection strategies, optimize settlement strategies, improve performance management.
- Perform predictive analysis and effectively communicate results, insights, and recommendations to business leadership.
- Develop, update and maintain scorecards and analytic reporting (daily/monthly/quarterly, etc.).
- Review process documentation to ensure that internal standards are met.
- Validate output to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Effectively communicate project status on a regular basis through various means.
- Partner with Key Technology & Operations and other Line of Business colleagues to share and adopt best practices.
- Continually seek ways improve processes and mitigate risk.
- Participate in and facilitate information sharing with your manager, business partners, and peers, in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure widespread communication.
- Provide functional training, advice and guidance to other analysts and groups within Loan Services.
- Partner with process owners across Loan Services in providing appropriate materials and presentations necessary to increase process controls and reduce risk.
- Undertake special projects as needed
- Utilize correct logic and approaches to solve business issues
- Document work processes and logic for clear line of sight into analytical methods
- Provide assistance, advisory, and feedback as needed on cross-functional initiatives
The successful candidate will possess the majority of the following qualifications and enjoy a fast-paced work environment providing opportunities to grow and further develop business and technical expertise.
- Master’s degree in information technology, statistics, finance, or related field from an accredited university (or equivalent experience)
- Proven expertise in data analytics, modeling, forecasting, portfolio analysis
- 5-10 years of experience in business analytics, especially supporting lending and default management
- Ability to analyze data to identify business solutions, and present recommendations to executive audiences
- Experience working within mainframe and data warehouse/data mart environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution knowledge and experience
- Must be detail-oriented, willing to be held accountable, and enjoy challenging work assignments
- Expertise in MS Office Applications
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively with various partners with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to cultivate positive working relationships across departments
- Ability to think creatively and outside of the box
- General knowledge of consumer and commercial loan products
- Expertise in SAS, SQL
- Experience working with the ALS, MSP, CACS/CAS applications
- Use of BI Tools for report development and explorative analysis
- BI architecture expertise
- Experience working in a fast paced, back-office, banking operation
- Entrepreneurial-minded, intellectually curious, problem-solving attitude
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) provides efficient, reliable and secure technology, operational, and servicing functions to support business partners and clients across Key. It creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend and orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets while supporting innovation that creates competitive distinction.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.