Our client is seeking a full-time Data Specialist in the Schaumburg area. This company offers excellent benefits and other perks. In this role you will be responsible for continuous improvement in all aspects of our business. A Data Specialist is needed to ensure the quality and timeliness of our market data and reporting.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of data collection, validation, and distribution efforts.
- Assist the team by serving as a subject matter expert for data issues.
- Continuously strive to automate and streamline our procedures and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to data quality.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Tactics departments for all their data needs.
- Experience with data integrity, regression, performance testing
- Familiarity with programming languages (R, Java, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, SQL, etc.)
- Excellence in problem solving and analysis
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Basic understanding and interest in financial markets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences, Information Technology or related field.
- Relevant internship and/or previous work experience preferred.