TEKsystems is seeking a skilled technical Data Analyst for a role with a local client we have been supporting for 10 years in the Baltimore area. This role would be in support of our customers Retirement Planning Services Data Modernization effort to load plan participant, transactions and balances data to AWS Postgres.
* 10+ years in relevant business field
* Proven experience with major database systems preferably Postgres Aurora and Snowflake
* 2+ years experience working with cloud based data sources preferably AWS S3, Aurora and Snowflake, experience working with data lakes
* Strong SQL background. Must be able to independently query and analyze data
* Experience with gathering requirements and creating specifications for ETL interfaces
* Data integration project experience. Must have Business Analyst/Data Analyst experience in at least three data integration projects which must include experience developing requirements
* High level working knowledge of ETL and BI tools: Informatica, Snaplogic, DataStage, Tableau, etc.,
* Requires a Degree in a related area or least 10 years of experience in related field
▪ Will function as a Data Analyst within TEKsystems and will provide technical solutions in support of information needs and analysis within the business
▪ Will work directly with members in the organization to define and deliver technical solutions that
support data quality, analysis and delivery of information
▪ Will function as a liaison between business users and the IT to identify, analyze and translate requirements into specifications
▪ Will function as a Project Team Member under the supervision of the Project Manager and/or Technical Lead
▪ Will conduct independent data analysis to frame the right questions and gather information to develop technical specifications that would be used by the technical team to design, develop, test and deploy data integration, reporting or user interface code
▪ Will conduct independent testing to ensure delivered solution meets business requirements
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for gathering requirements, creation of detailed specifications for ETL, data migrations, and data scrubbing processes; validation of data quality and consistency, as well as performing data mapping between disparate databases, data sources, and gap analysis
* Responsible for implementing methods to control data accuracy based on pre-defined business rules across key operational systems and database/data warehouse systems
* Manage Business and Technical documentation for project purposes.
* Support system, QA and UAT testing by writing test plans and test scripts to test data integration jobs
* Work with data models to ensure they meet business requirements
* Query data to identify patterns and/or inconsistencies
* Profile source system data
* Adhere to standards and methodologies;
* Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
* Contribute to project planning and scheduling and specifications for ETL code. Ideally full Life Cycle Experience in Data Warehouse implementation projects
* Strong understanding of software architecture and programming
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.