For nearly a century, Amalgamated Bank has been the most trusted financial institution for progressive people and organizations. By helping those who do good to do better, we work to help make the world more just, compassionate and sustainable. Our extensive experience, financial resources and community of like-minded customers offers labor unions, philanthropies, political campaigns, socially and environmentally responsible corporations, as well as individuals, a unique set of financial services enabling them to lead the charge to improve our communities and our country.
Amalgamated Bank seeks a full-time Credit Risk Business Manager to own the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) estimation process, manage credit models, and deliver the Board of Directors’ Credit Policy Committee Report.
Essential Job Functions:
- Own calculation of ALLL including process, spreadsheets, systems, and algorithms
- Author quarterly ALLL Memos, and manage all process documentation and calculation support
- Keep current on industry, FASB, and Regulatory developments, including CECL
- Develop ALLL methodology and update as needed, with guidance from management
- Enhance the efficiency of the ALLL
- Produce the quarterly Board of Directors’ Credit Policy Committee Report, including all analytics, commentary, and coordination
- Coordinate with Finance and deliver Credit/ALLL components of quarterly public filings
- Manage and run credit stress testing models
- Manage and support internal/external auditors and regulatory exam responses
- Support the development of data management practices, MIS, ad-hoc analyses, and research
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g. economics, finance, business, math, science) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of banking experience
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems
- Advanced Excel, Access/SQL, and working knowledge of Databases, BI, and visualization
- Strong PowerPoint skills, including attention to visual detail, presentation, and message
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn credit, regulatory guidance, and accounting rules
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
View our Pay Transparency Statement.
Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.