Credit Risk Analyst
The Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for identifying business challenges and opportunities for improvement as well as utilizing analysis based on mining available consumer, collateral, and transaction information and data to provide strategic and tactical recommendations.
This will also allow you to support the organization's efforts in better analyzing Credit Risk from both a planning and execution perspective, have a strong impact on the Company's bottom line, as well as on your career path to influence and position the company ahead of the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Mine consumer loan data across multiple data environments utilizing tools such as SQL, SAS, R, or other comparable data mining tools.
Partner with internal team of predictive modelers to develop analytical models to analyze credit performance of borrowers (payment delinquency, default patterns, profitability), and design implementation strategies for these models.
Champion change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, leveraging risk models based on consumer, collateral, and loan data, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis before recommending ways to improve outcomes.
Perform product or other segment level analytics to analyze performance of existing products and assist with roll-out of new product policy and pricing strategies for various product offerings.
Implement credit models, rules, scorecards, and strategies into the company's Decision Engine software that houses the Credit Policy. Work with internal IT resources as well as Decision Engine vendor resources to test and deploy new implementations.
Support direct-to-consumer and online/digital marketing efforts for select products by identifying the best and most responsive target audience while considering the consumer and collateral risk profile.
Collaborate with other departments across the organization to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, or Engineering)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry in Risk Management, Credit Risk, Scoring or Modeling, Finance, or other analytics fields
- Hands-on experience in data manipulation, data mining, statistics, web analytics, and descriptive analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent but collaborative, organized, proactive, highly responsive, and flexible
- Possess an understanding system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real-time decision-making
- Fluency in 2 of the following: SQL, SAS, R, or Python
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel user with ability to create pivot tables, macros, and effective formulas
- Master's Degree in Business or a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
The Credit Risk Analyst is a member of the Installment & Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers.
To find out about what's going on in our Company, visit our blog at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.