Credit Control Officer
DISYS is currently looking for a Credit Control Officer here in the Washington DC area. The Credit Control Officer will be working for our customer, who is a leading banking institution. This candidate must have a stable job history.
• Encoding and releasing of credit limits and ensuring accurate detailing before inputting the same into the Bank’s system.
• Maintaining accuracy with regards to encoding and application of interest rates, commission, charges and various types of fees.
• Preparing instructions to Operations Dept. for processing day-to-day transactions - Syndication/ Bilateral Loan Draw Downs, repayments, loan settlements, Rollovers and recovery of various Fees & Income (e.g. Management Fees, Commitment Fees, Processing Fees), etc.
• Processing of day-to-day transactions – Bilateral loan / syndication loan drawdowns / repayments / rollovers, processing tickets, payments against Progress Payment Certificate, etc.
• Preparing instructions for provisioning of accounts, customer grade changes, suspension of interest changes and write-off entries.
• Preparing Liability and Balance Confirmation Letters for the customers.
• Database management for the syndication portfolio handled. Activities include accurate compilation & timely update of all facility terms and conditions required for the ongoing monitoring & administration of facilities during its entire life cycle.
• Carrying out Portfolio Monitoring activities entailing ongoing review of limits and outstanding in GLCMS and Core Banking System (CBS) and reporting on any deviations (excess over limits, overdue interest / loan payments, expired limits, etc.)
• Carrying out Facility Maintenance activities such as amendment of interest rates, deferral of loan installments; extending loan maturity date, etc.
• Ensure proper tracking of arrangement fees / upfront fees / documentation fees and ongoing fees due on various facilities, its calculations and due dates and timely follow-up with facility agents / coverage teams for receipt of payments and passing on necessary instructions to operations teams for booking the same.
• Timely follow-up with external Facility Agent Banks for the receipt of notifications on amounts maturing or becoming due.
• Preparing Monthly Activity Report on rotation illustrating the total volume of transactions processed by the department in each month.
• Good knowledge of Banking Products.
• Ability to interpret and work on financial core banking systems.
• Knowledge of the operational (transactional) aspects of both syndicated and bi-lateral lending.
• Proficiency in MS Office