Cost Analyst (DK28047)
Our client is a well-known manufacturing and distribution company that is currently looking for a Cost Analyst to join their team. There is significant opportunity for growth and advancement in the organization and the company believes in promoting from within! The company boasts a team-oriented culture, long-tenured employees, and excellent benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Cost Analyst will be responsible for accounting activities related to standard costing, inventory costing and manufacturing variance analysis. The Cost Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Cost Analyst will propose, organize and direct all activities related to cost accounting.
- Determine, analyze and report costs of business projects and record results.
- Coordinate physical inventory costs and investigate counting variances and resolve issues.
- Partner with plant directors to develop annual budget and set standards.
- Develop costs for new product launches.
- Perform monthly analysis of manufacturing variances and partner with the operations team to address variances.
- Develop overhead rates for inventory and costs for panels for pricing, semi-annually and annually.
- Assist auditors with year-end analysis in regards to inventory and standard costing.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- The Cost Analyst will assist with other duties and special projects as needed.