Cost Accounting Manager
Our client is a growing and fast paced manufacturing organization with deep roots in San Antonio and a presence across the world. This organization is a leader in their field with a consistent track record of superior quality. The company is gearing up for expansion and needs people in accounting who will help support this growth. This accounting team sets high expectations, works hard and delivers!
You are an exceptional Cost Accountant that can juggle tasks and manage changing priorities. You are a competitor at heart, and you love the challenge of growth and recognize the beauty of the journey. You are passionate about accounting. You are smart, curious and ambitious. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done. You thrive on developing financial documentation for decision-makers. You love the feeling of being needed and providing value to key decision makers!
You view accounting as an opportunity to serve and make every effort to provide world class customer service. You are excited about growing your career in a well-established and thriving organization.
Perks of the Cost Accounting Manager:
• Upward mobility & career growth
• Great benefits to include 401k, PTO, onsite clinic, and gym
• Competitive compensation with a healthy bonus
• Growing company, never a dull moment
• Work-life balance, 40-hour work weeks with flexible start and end times
• Team building activities & culture building initiatives
• Tons of projects for process improvements, Month-end close is 1 day
What the Cost Accounting Manager will do:
The Cost Accounting Manager provides effective preparation, analysis, and insight into COGS for both actual and planned results.
• Work with the manufacturing team to ensure proper reporting of all manufacturing variances including labor efficiency, material usage, overhead spending, scrap and inventory adjustments and labor and hours are reported
• Provide oversight to 2-3 staff and senior accountants
• Deliver monthly actual COGS results and develop monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis
• Partner with the all teams to understand raw materials, direct labor, and overhead cost drivers
• Proactively review inventory transactions throughout the month to identify and troubleshoot unusual transactions and variances before the month end close
• Perform annual standard cost updates as needed. Perform standard cost updates for the budget. Ensure the accuracy of standard costs in the system.
• Supervise the cycle count groups in the US and Mexico.
• Prepare cost of goods sold for the budgets and forecasts to include standard cost of sales, overhead spending and variances.
• Partner with the Operations teams to develop and implement ongoing cost savings, bench marking, and best-in-class manufacturing strategies.