To provide financial support to Accounting Department. Structures detail planning, studying and collecting data to determine cost of manufacturing activities such as Labor (direct and indirect,) Materials acquisition / costing and Inventory requirements. This position supports monthly financial reporting, quarterly forecasting, annual audit, and budgeting processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Collecting, analyzing, and recording results
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and develop system to bridge estimated costs to actual costs.
- Develop standard cost methodology to assist project pricing
- Provide management with reports comparing areas affecting pricing and profitability of products
- Maintain Cost Accounting System
- Assist in Month end close of General Ledger
- Record cost information and submit ideas on controlling cost expenditures
- Analyzing new product design and help determine pricing
- Analyzing changes in product design including materials, labor and machine requirements to determine effects on costs
- Review Project pricing to ensure balance of factory load and profitability
- Takes leadership role within manufacturing to improve overall efficiency.
- Prepares and reviews business plans and operating and capital budgets to support manufacturing.
- Provides manufacturing with financial information and advice to improve plant performance.
- Responsible for annual physical inventory of product and fixed assets, ensuring assets are accounted for and reported accurately.
- Evaluates, records, and reports plant labor, including direct labor, indirect labor, and all variances to inform plant management of financial performance.
- Requires attendance at various meetings throughout facilities and walking to various places on manufacturing floor.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
Category Code: JN001