Primarily responsible for analyzing and preparing credit proposals for new and existing corporate lending relationships. This individual will collaborate with the Corporate Lending Officers on due diligence of credit requests, specifically for middle market clients. The job function will also include the monitoring of Borrower's financial performance to assist in the risk rating process. In addition, the Corporate Underwriter will assist in the preparation of monthly reports, perform ongoing portfolio analysis and complete other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, preferably Accounting or Finance required. Will consider commensurate experience.
* Minimum 1 year work experience in analysis/underwriting of C & I loans.
* Knowledge of MS Suite of Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as minimum of 2 years' experience utilizing Moody's Financial Analyst/Risk Analyst or similar tools.
* Strong analytical and underwriting skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Ability to self-start and work independently.
* Possess strong judgment and decision-making skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, independently and achieve required objectives with limited supervision.
* Ability to work within a team environment, interacting with peers and management within the bank, corporate lenders, as well as, with customers and outside support.
Principle Activities and Duties:
* Perform underwriting of new and existing corporate loans to assess the financial condition, repayment capacity and risks associated with the transaction. To include analysis of business cash flow, global cash flows, personal cash flow and personal financial statements.
* Responsible for the preparation of quality, detailed financial analysis including cash flow models and collateral evaluations in order to identify potential credit risks.
* Capable of evaluating complex financial statements and analyze in order to prepare a credit review.
* Make recommendations in accordance with sound banking practices in order to minimize risk exposure.
* Ensure commercial loan requests adhere to bank policies and procedures, as well as banking regulations.
* Effectively communicate and partner with the Corporate Lenders to assist with monitoring of the loan portfolio.
* May participate in off-site and on-site client meetings as required.
* Prepare loan presentations accurately and in a timely manner.
* Some contact with customers, conducting relationships in a professional manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
* Prepare monthly credit and portfolio loan reports.
* Perform additional assignments as requested.